A lawyer; a person admitted to legal practice who is qualified to represent the legal interests of another person.
Money which is overdue and unpaid.
A court hearing at which the defendant is informed of the specific criminal charges for which he or she is being charged. This is the first step in your case being processed by the court.
A procedure for the determination of a disputed matter. Legally binding, as opposed to mediation.
1.Coming into court: The formal act by which a defendant submits to the jurisdiction of the court.
2. Document identifying one who is representing himself or another. An attorney files an “appearance” making it known that (s)he is representing an individual.… Read more
A court which reviews lower court decisions, generally on the record of the lower court.
An application to a higher court requesting a change of the judgment of a lower court.
Used to add or delete information contained in the original Order of Probation, as recommended by the judge or probation officer.
A method to resolve disagreements without the direct intervention of the court. See Arbitration, Conciliation, Mediation.
See spousal support.
- Land Use Services Department Seeking Contractual Building Inspector/Plan Reviewer
- Public Notice: Office of the Sheriff
- Public Notice: Office Of The Sheriff
- Otsego County Building Reopenings
- MSU Extension Otsego County Gypsy Moth Reporting page