How do I obtain an incident or vehicle crash report?

Can I obtain a copy of an incident or accident report by fax?
Yes, please submit your request for the report/accident in writing with the $5.00 fee and notation to fax the report, along with the needed fax number.

Can I obtain a copy of an incident or accident report by mail?
Yes, please mail your written request with the incident number, name of person involved, date, location of the incident along with $5.00 fee and SASE (self address stamped envelope).
Otsego County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Record’s Division
124 S. Court Ave, Gaylord, MI 49735

How do I obtain a local criminal background check?

Just come into our office with your driver’s license or state I.D. We will check to see if you’ve ever been arrested by our agency (only) or incarcerated in our jail and will provide you with a letter stating the results, unless you provide us with a form. There is a $5.00 charge for this service. If you need a more extensive search, please contact the Michigan State Police or use the link below


I need to be fingerprinted for a job. Can I do that at the Sheriff’s Office?
Yes. You will need to come into the Record’s Bureau at the Sheriff’s Office with photo identification.  If you require fingerprints on a paper fingerpirnt card, we charge a $15.00 fingerprinting fee.  We can also assist you if you require that your fingerprints are submitted electronically via “LiveScan”.  We charge $15 for taking the fingerprints on LiveScan.    If the scanned fingerprints are being taken for school employment (SE),  and is being submitted to both federal and state agencies, their total fees are $43.25.  Therefore, if your fingerprints are being taken for school employment, the total cost of fingerprinting is $58.25. $56.25 if being for School Volunteer (CPV)  Please ensure that you have the correct change in cash or check at the time you apply.  

How do I obtain a proof of incarceration letter?
Just come into the office with a Michigan issued driver’s license for identification. If you’ve been incarcerated on more than one occasion, please specify the date(s) you need. There is no charge for this service.

How do I pay for a traffic ticket?
Please contact the 46th Trial Court at (989) 731-0200, for payment information of tickets.


Local Weather
Feels like: 30°F
Wind: 3mph W
Humidity: 70%
Pressure: 30.43"Hg
UV index: 0