Seasonal Clerk - Land Use Services
Summary. Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Greets customers, answers incoming calls, directs calls to appropriate personnel, distributes mail, as well as additional clerical duties.
Supervision Received. Works under the direction of the Otsego County Land Use Services Director.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties and Functions. An employee in this position may be called upon to perform any or all of the following essential duties. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Perform general clerical support for the Land Use Services Department to include typing, data entry, reporting, and general customer service.
- Provide basic information on the permit and plan review process to the public.
- Schedule inspections.
- Collect fees for services.
- Data entry of purchase orders, inspections, and general information.
- Type business letters, notices, permits, etc.
- Copy and distribute documents.
- Organize, scan and file documents and maintain a neat and orderly file system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Qualifications and KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) for Employment. All of the following functions, qualifications, KSAs and duties are essential. An employee in this class, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following: Must be computer literate with MS Office software (MS Word, Excel).
- Experience with BS&A software is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to keep work area neat and clean at all times
- Strong attention to detail in order to verify all required information is on applications and documents that are submitted to the department.
- Ability to complete reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people.
Education/Experience: High school diploma and some clerical/customer service experience.
Other Requirements. None listed.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
Physical Requirements. [This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements]:
- Ability to access departmental files.
- Ability to enter and retrieve information from computer.
- Ability to lift and/or move boxes of documents weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Stooping and kneeling to pick-up boxes and store various documents.
Working Conditions. Works in office conditions
Employment Conditions. For purposes of the Fair Labor Standards Act, this is a “non-exempt” position. This position is classified as non-union. This position is a seasonal temporary position and is not eligible for County fringe benefits.
- Hours: Approximately 37.5 hours per week – May – September 2020
- Pay Rate: $12.50 per hour