Responsible for the safe transportation of special needs students/customers throughout Otsego County.
Works under the direction of the OCBS Bus System Transportation Manager.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties and Functions.
An employee in this position may be called upon to perform any or all of the following essential duties. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Ensures safe transportation of bus patrons and special needs passengers.
- Complies with all applicable safety requirements, laws, and regulations.
- Completes daily safety and maintenance checks of bus.
- Assists driver with keeping the bus clean inside.
- Notifies Bus System Management of any safety or maintenance concerns.
- Communicates positively with bus patrons and parents of Special needs passengers.
- Ensures appropriate, positive guidance with children.
- Attends training and staff meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. in order to provide passenger assistance including but not limited to boarding and deboarding, transfers from seat to seat, package handling, assistance to visually impaired and others with varying disabilities, etc.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people including children and physically and cognitively disabled patrons.
- Must present a neat and clean appearance at all times.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while aiding patrons on bus.
- Negative results on pre-employment drug screen.
- Satisfactory criminal history check.
- Ability to pass post offer physical.
- High school diploma or GED, and previous experience as Bus Aide a plus.
Employment Status: This position is classified as Part-Time Irregular. Work hours are scheduled on an as needed basis and may vary depending on routing. Shift times may vary depending on routing. Some weekend work may be required.
- Pay Rate: $10.28 per hour.
- For purposes of FLSA, this is a non-exempt position.
- Position is not eligible for Otsego County Fringe Benefits.