Part-time Facilities and Equipment Sterilization Specialist
Supervised By: Transportation Manager
Supervises: No supervisory responsibility
Under the supervision of the Transportation Manager, performs specialized duties in the inspection, disinfection and routine cleanliness of bus vehicles and facility.
Essential Job Functions:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties, which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Uses ultraviolet light to clean and sterilize the county bus fleet.
- Assists bus drivers in keeping the interior and exterior of the county buses clean.
- Cleans and disinfects surfaces throughout the bus facility.
- Maintains supplies of cleaning materials and other materials required of the job.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Minimum Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
Requirements include the following:
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Michigan Driver’s License.
- Knowledgeable in the use of tools and equipment used in sterilizing and disinfecting surfaces.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with county employees, contractors to the county, representatives of other governmental units, professional contacts, elected officials, bus patrons and the public.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, climb, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. The employee uses hand strength to grasp tools and may work on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, use wrenches, hand tools, etc., and may operate motorized equipment and vehicles. The employee must lift or push/pull objects of up to 50 lbs. without assistance. Accommodation will be made, as needed, for employees required to lift or move objects that exceed this weight.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. The employee works near moving mechanical equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be very loud.
Employment Status This position is classified as non-union part-time irregular. Work hours are scheduled on an as-needed basis and may vary. Shift times may vary depending on need. Some weekend work may be required.
- Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour.
- For purposes of FLSA, this is a non-exempt position.
- Position is not eligible for Otsego County Fringe Benefits.