2019 Delinquent Tax Property Foreclosure Timeline
March 1, 2020
2019 taxes are turned over delinquent to the Otsego County Treasurer
By June 1, 2020
Taxpayer is notified of delinquency via 1st class mail
By September 1, 2020
Taxpayer receives 2nd notice of delinquency via 1st class mail
On October 1, 2020
Additional $15.00 fee added to each delinquent parcel
On November 1, 2020
List is compiled of properties subject to forfeiture on March 1, 2021
On March 1, 2021
$175.00 title search fee and $60.00 recording fees are added to parcel and property is forfeited to the Otsego County Treasurer. Interest rate on unpaid balance increases to 1.5% per month retroactive to March 1, 2020
On May 1, 2021
$65.00 property inspection fee is added
On December 1, 2021
$25.00 Certified Mailing Fee and $50.00 publication fee is added
Between March 1, 2022 and January 31, 2022
1. Title searches conducted to identify parties with legal interest in the property.
2. Petition seeking foreclosure of forfeited property filed with Circuit Court.
3. Personal visit to forfeited property with personal service or posting of notice.
4. Administrative Show Cause Hearing held.
5. 4th notice of delinquency and imminent foreclosure made via certified mail.
**SHOW CAUSE HEARING will be held in January, 2022 at 225 W. Main St. Rm 107 Gaylord, MI 49735.
**FINAL/JUDICIAL FORECLOSURE HEARING will be held in February, 2022 at 225 W. Main St. Gaylord, MI 49735 Rm 201.
On April 2, 2022 after Foreclosure Judgment
Title to property is forfeited permanently to the Otsego County Treasurer
Between July 2022 and November 2022
Foreclosed property offered for purchase at public auction to the highest bidder Visit tax-sale.info for more information regarding Public Land Auction