2018 Delinquent Tax Property Foreclosure Timeline
March 1, 2019
2018 taxes are turned over delinquent to the Otsego County Treasurer
By June 1, 2019
Taxpayer is notified of delinquency via 1st class mail
By September 1, 2019
Taxpayer receives 2nd notice of delinquency via 1st class mail
On October 1, 2019
Additional $15.00 fee added to each delinquent parcel
On November 1, 2019
List is compiled of properties subject to forfeiture on March 1, 2020
On March 1, 2020
$175.00 title search fee and $60.00 recording fees are added to parcel and property is forfeited to the Otsego County Treasurer. Interest rate on unpaid balance increases to 1.5% per month retroactive to March 1, 2019
On May 1, 2020
$65.00 property inspection fee is added
On December 1, 2020
$25.00 Certified Mailing Fee and $50.00 publication fee is added
Between March 1, 2021 and January 31, 2021
1. Title searches conducted to identify parties with legal interest in the property.
2. Petition seeking foreclosure of forfeited property filed with Circuit Court.
3. Personal visit to forfeited property with personal service or posting of notice.
4. Administrative Show Cause Hearing held.
5. 4th notice of delinquency and imminent foreclosure made via certified mail.
**SHOW CAUSE HEARING will be held on January, 2021 at 225 W. Main St. Rm 107 Gaylord, MI 49735 at 9 a.m.
**FINAL/JUDICIAL FORECLOSURE HEARING will be held on February, 2021 at 225 W. Main St. Gaylord, MI 49735 Rm 201 at 1:30 p.m.
On April 2, 2021 after Foreclosure Judgment
Title to property is forfeited permanently to the Otsego County Treasurer
Between July 2021 and November 2021
Foreclosed property offered for purchase at public auction to the highest bidder Visit tax-sale.info for more information regarding Public Land Auction