Affidavit for License to Marry
- Application fee is $20.00 for County residents and $30.00 for out of State residents. Check payable to: Otsego County Clerk.
- Apply for your license in the County you live and it is valid for the whole State of Michigan. If you live in another State and you are going to get married in Otsego County, you would apply in our office and the license will only be valid in Otsego County.
- If the form is being sent in to the office, please have your signatures notarized before sending. There is a 3 day waiting period (Example if you apply on a Monday your license will be ready for pickup on Thursday and valid for 30 days) We recommend applicants who live in our county to apply in person, the mail in service is mainly for out of state residents.
Send your Application to: Otsego County Clerk’s Office 225 W. Main St., Room 109 Gaylord, MI 49735 Affidavit for License to Marry
Application for Absent Voter’s Ballot
Complete this form and return to your Township Clerk.
Application for Birth Record
This form is used to obtain a birth record.
- Mail the completed request for a birth certificate form
- Photo copy of your Identification card (i.e. drivers license or state ID card)
- Check payable to the Otsego County Clerk and a self addressed stamped envelope.
Send your request to: Otsego County Clerk 225 W. Main St. Gaylord, MI 49735 PLEASE NOTE BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT A PUBLIC RECORD AND CAN ONLY BE OBTAINED BY THE PERSON NAMED ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE, A PARENT LISTED ON THE CERTIFICATE, OR A PERSON THAT HAS LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP OR CUSTODY (NEEDS TO PROVIDE A COPY OF THE ORDER SIGNED BY THE COURT) Once we receive the request, we will process it that same day or the very next day. Application for Birth Record
Application for Certified Records
Use these forms if you are applying for a certified copy of a Marriage License, or Death Record.
- mail the completed request along with a check payable to the Otsego County Clerk
- Include a self addressed stamped envelope.
Send your request to: Otsego County Clerk 225 W. Main St. Room 109 Gaylord, MI 49735 Once we have received the request, we will process it that same day or the very next day. Application for Certified Records – Marriage License Application for Certified Records – Death Certificate
Application for Michigan Notary Public Appointment
For more information on Notary and Document certification visit the Department of State Web
Business Registration Certificate
Michigan law requires that persons who operates, or intends to operate a business under an assumed name must file a Certificate of Assumed Name with the County Clerk, in the county where the business is located.
- $10.00 fee and the certificates are valid for 5 years.
Concealed Pistol License Application and Instructions
Applicants may view a complete copy of the firearms laws of Michigan on the Michigan State Police website at www.michigan.gov/firearms
Candidate filing forms
If you wish to file as a candidate for a local office(Township, County Office) you will need to file an Affidavit of identity, Statement of Organization and a Nominating Petition. If you are filing for a Township Office, you would file your paperwork with your Township Clerk. If you are filing for a County office, you would file your paperwork with the County Clerk.
Driver License/Voter Registration
Michigan Voter Registration Application and Michigan Driver License/Personal Identification Card Address Change Form Driver License/Voter Registration
Notice of Dissolution of Co-Partnership or Business Under Assumed Name
Certificate of Assumed Name or Co-Partnership can only be amended when there is a change in the composition of the partners. If anything else on the certificate is to be changed, the certificate must be dissolved, and a new certificate filed. Notice of Dissolution of Co-Partnership or Business Under Assumed Name