If I start my business in my home, what will I need?

Contact the community where the business will be located and see if the zoning laws permit it. Starting a business at home is the same as starting a business anywhere. For questions regarding starting a business at home in Otsego County, contact the Planning and Zoning office at 989-731-7400 or visit the Planning and Zoning page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if my business will qualify as a minority-owned business (MBE)? How would I get a minority certification?
2. How do I qualify as a women-owned business?
3. How do I register my business name, or form an LLC? Do I need a Michigan License or permit to open a business?
4. If I start my business in my home, what will I need?
5. What is a DBA? Where can I get one? How much does it cost?
6. What is an Employer Identification Number and a Tax Identification Number? How do I get one for my business?
7. Where do I get zoning information?
8. Where do I register for business taxes?
9. Where is my local Chamber of Commerce?