What happens if I don’t get my parenting time?
  • File a written Parenting Time Violation Complaint (PDF) with the Friend of the Court. Your complaint should state facts explaining how the other parent is not following the order, including the date(s) of the alleged violation(s).
  • The alleged violation must have occurred or you become aware within 56 days of the complaint.
  • Your caseworker will compare the complaint to the current parenting time order to determine if the Court order was not followed. You will receive a response within 14 days. If the caseworker agrees that a violation appears to have occurred, a notice and copy of the complaint will be sent to the other party. They will have 21 days to respond or make up the denied parenting time. If make-up parenting time cannot be applied or the other party files a response, the friend of the court may schedule a hearing to allow the other parent to show cause why they should not be found in contempt of the order.

Show All Answers

1. What happens if I don’t get my parenting time?
2. What happens if I deny parenting time to the other parent?
3. Can I move if I have sole custody of my child(ren)?