- One Stop Shop Business Center
- Business Counseling
Small Business Success
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has 11 Regional offices and 30 satellite offices throughout Michigan. We work jointly with the Northeast Michigan Regional Office to provide small businesses with access to counseling, training, technical assistance, and research.
The Otsego County Economic Alliance (OCEA) works closely with the SBDC to provide tools and resources that will help your business succeed and serving as an advocate for your business.
Whether you are a start-up or an existing business, OCEA can help. The Economic Alliance's SBDC Representative Dave Emmel can provide free, personalized, one-on-one assistance in areas such as:
- Building management skills
- Developing a business or a marketing plan
- Financial analysis
- Problem solving
- Skills management
Meet with a Representative
To meet with an OCEA or SBDC Representative call:
- Lisa McComb, Executive Director (OCEA) 989-731-0288 Direct Line or 989-731-0287
- Dave Emmel, Senior Business Consultant (SBDC) 989-590-7743
You may also visit the Michigan Small Business Development Center.
Further local financial information such as tax abatements, financing, state level incentives, and micro-loan financing can be obtained through the Economic Alliance, at 989-721-0287.
Become a Volunteer… Help Make Dreams Come True
Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? SCORE is always on the lookout for people that are committed to our goal of fueling small business success. SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online.
As a SCORE volunteer you can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve in another capacity at SCORE (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- Have flexibility with your volunteer time
- You may visit the official SCORE website.