- Probate Court
800 Livingston Blvd., Suite 1C
Gaylord, MI 49735
Matters Heard By The Probate Court
- Processes estates in Otsego County with or without a will, (including small estates that sometimes can be handled in a single day).
- Appoints guardians and conservators of minors and adults who are not able to manage their own affairs.
- Issues name change orders for minors and adults.
- Settles disputes concerning trusts.
- Performs secret marriages.
- Commits a mentally ill person to a mental health facility.
- Order treatment for people with contagious diseases who refuse treatment.
- Emancipation minors.
- Bypasses parental consent for minors seeking abortions.
Appropriate forms are required to initiate a case with the Probate Court. Frequently used informational packets (including forms) are available below, or at the court for a minimal cost. If the form you are seeking is not listed below, please click here for a complete list of approved forms from the State Court Administrator's Office.
PLEASE NOTE: Court staff are available to answer general questions about the filing process but are prohibited from providing legal advice. If you need assistance completing forms, you may wish to consult an attorney.
Informational Packets and Forms
- Conservator - Adult (PDF)
- Conservator - Minor (PDF)
- Durable Power of Atty for Adult (PDF)
- Emancipation Packet (PDF)
- Fee Waiver Request (PDF)
- Guardianship - Developmentally Disabled Person (PDF)
- Guardianship - Legally Incapacitated Individual (PDF)
- Guardianship - Minor child(ren) (PDF)
- Informal Estate (PDF)
- Name Change Packet (PDF)
- Petition for Discovery (PDF)
- Petition for Mental Health and PPI (PDF)
- Step Parent Adoption (PDF)