View and print the latest version of the Friend of the Court Handbook (PDF).
Information about the child support program is available in the Understanding Child Support: A Handbook for Parents (PDF).
Several online co-parenting communication tools are available for free and at varying cost. These tools may assist with scheduling and communicating with your co-parent when there are scheduling changes or problems. Do an internet search, research the various tools, and try one (or a few) out to see which one meets the needs of your family.
Searching for parenting programs, Third Level services (including youth crisis services), or other family resources? Visit the Child and Family Services of Northwest Michigan website.
Family Time Video
Community Mediation Services Website
(more titles providing during the SMILE program)
General Childhood Issues
- Chirban, Dr. John T (2017) "Collateral Damage: Guiding and protecting your child through the minefield of divorce."
- Foxman, Paul (2004) "The Worried Child: Recognizing anxiety in children and helping them heal."
- Leach, Penelope (2014) "When Parents Part: How mothers and fathers can help their children deal with separation and divorce."
Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Jensen, Frances (2015) "The Teenage Brain: A neuroscientist's survival guide to raising adolescents and young adults."
- Edgette, Janet Sasson (2002) "Stop Negotiating with your Teen: Strategies for parenting your angry, manipulative, moody, or depressed adolescent."
- Walsh, David (2004) "Why Do They Act That Way: A survival guide to the adolescent brain for you and your teen."
- Ballard, Zari (2013) "When Love is a Lie: Narcissistic partners and the pathological relationship agenda."
- Evans, Patricia (2010, Expanded Third Edition) "The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to recognize it and how to respond."
- Gottman, John M. (2015, Revised) "The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work."
- Gottman, John M. (2013) "What Makes Love Last: How to build trust and avoid betrayal."