Otsego County Probation & Parole
|800 Livingston Blvd., Suite 4-B
Gaylord, MI 49735
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|Michael Turnbull, Field Supervisor|
|Staff & Reporting Instructions|
The Otsego County Probation and Parole Office is located on the fourth floor of the Alpine Center in Gaylord. This office services the needs of the 46th Trial Court, Circuit Division by providing pre-sentence investigations and sentencing recommendations for felony criminal cases as well as the subsequent supervision of offenders sentenced to community supervision. In addition, the office provides supervision for citizens released to parole from the Michigan Department of Corrections prison system who reside in Otsego County.
The office is staffed by three Field Agents, one Secretary and the Field Supervisor who also oversees Alpena, Crawford, and Montmorency Counties. The office is governed by the Michigan Department of Corrections.
For information on victim's services and programs or offender location please refer to the following:
- Otsego County Prosecutor - Crime Victims Advocate
- Michigan Department of Corrections - http://www.michigan.gov/corrections
Field Operations Administration Missions Statement
1. To protect the public from crime by enforcing conditions ordered by the Courts and the Department by:
a. Supervising offenders using the most appropriate, least restrictive, cost-effective means;
b. Imposing sanctions, including removal from the community when appropriate, to deter criminal behavior
2. To provide investigative support and information for Parole Board, the Department and the Courts and sentencing recommendations for the Courts.
3. To develop and maintain credible and cost-effective community sanctions.