Michigan Department of Corrections - Otsego County Probation & Parole
800 Livingston Blvd., Suite 4-B
After Hours Emergencies: 1-888-221-8076
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|Michael Turnbull, Field Supervisor|
|Staff & Reporting Instructions|
The Otsego County Probation and Parole Office is located on the fourth floor of the Alpine Center in Gaylord. This office services the needs of the 46th Trial Court, Circuit Division by providing pre-sentence investigations and sentencing recommendations for felony criminal cases as well as the subsequent supervision of offenders sentenced to community supervision. In addition, the office provides supervision for citizens released to parole from the Michigan Department of Corrections prison system who reside in Otsego County.
The office is staffed by three Field Agents, one Secretary and the Field Supervisor who also oversees Alpena, Crawford, and Montmorency Counties. The office is governed by the Michigan Department of Corrections.
For information on victim's services and programs or offender location please refer to the following:
- Otsego County Prosecutor - Crime Victims Advocate
- Michigan Department of Corrections - http://www.michigan.gov/corrections
Michigan Department of Corrections Mission & Vision Statement
A. Our mission is to create a safer Michigan through effective offender management and supervision in our facilities and communities while holding offenders accountable and promoting their rehabilitation.
B. Our vision is based on the following principles:
1. We will remain committed to the protection of the public, safety of our staff, and security of offenders.
2. We will actively engage in the development of effective criminal justice policy.
3. We will ensure sound management using proven fiscal practices and outcome-oriented strategies.
4. We will hire, train, equip, support, and mentor a high quality staff and hold them to the highest professional standards.
5. We will provide humane and protective custodial care, rehabilitative opportunities, and reentry assistance for offenders under our supervision.
6. We will establish meaningful partnerships with public and private entities to assist us in successfully accomplishing our mission.
7. We will conduct all of our duties and responsibilities with the highest degree of integrity, expectations for excellence, and respect for the value and dignity of human life.