Otsego County Animal Control


256 Fairview Rd.
Gaylord, MI 49735
Get Driving Directions

Shelter Hours:
Mon – Fri : 8:30 am – 4:00 pm

Saturday : 9:00 am - Noon



Telephone:  989-705-7632
Fax:              989-705-2645



Melissa FitzGerald, ACO/Director
John Platko, ACO
Kris Foguth, Deputized Clerk/ACO
Christi Pratt, ACO


Location: 256 Fairview Road, Gaylord, Michigan 49735

*If you are surrendering a pet you must FIRST call the Animal Shelter at (989)705-7632; surrendered pets are accepted on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday ONLY - this enables us to get them checked by a veterinarian before placing them up for adoption.*

Click here to read the Michigan Dog Law of 1919

Click here to read the Otsego County Animal Control Ordinance

 Follow us on FACEBOOK

Wish List

Collars & Leashes (new or used in good condition)
Kitty Litter
Bowls (stainless, spill-proof work well)
Cat & Dog Food
Cat Scratching Posts
Cleaning Supplies (we use a lot of bleach)
Litter Boxes
Nail Trimmers
Pet Beds
Dog walker (do you need exercise? come walk a dog on your lunch break or anytime)
Other (just ask, chances are we can use it)